A healthier you. That’s what we do.
You’re important to our children and our communities, that’s why we want you to stay healthy. Our HMO plan for the Teacher Retirement System (TRS) is completely local – our offices, our customer service, our providers. We treat you like the neighbors you are. Our health plan offers you access to the best providers in your area, as well as access to our extended network.
It’s probably why over 20,000 of your fellow teachers, administrators, school employees, and dependents look to FirstCare for world-class health care coverage with personalized local service.
- Extensive network of local options - over 1,300 primary care physicians and 2,700 specialists in 103 counties throughout Texas
- Community hospitals
- Affordable premiums. Low deductibles. Low copays. Premier benefits
- 100% preventive care coverage
- No copay for PCP visits for dependents, through age 19
- No prescription drug deductible for generic drugs
- No copay for some generic drugs
- Same deductible as last year
- Maximum out-of-pocket includes medical and prescription drug deductibles, copays and coinsurance
- No referrals needed for network specialists
- Worldwide emergency care
- 24-hour nurseline with Nurse24™
- Local medical decisions made by local doctors
- Online provider directory
- FirstCare offices near you
- Customer service representatives that live in Texas and know your benefits
- Secure online access to claims and information at firstcare.com
See all of your TRS-ActiveCare HMO benefits and learn about any benefit changes. Find out how the program works.
View the information for last year’s plan benefits and details. These plans are active for current TRS-ActiveCare HMO members through August 31, 2015.
For more details about the TRS-ActiveCare HMO program, visit the official website
FirstCare Plus - Health and Wellness Benefits
At FirstCare Health Plans, we believe that Texans and our communities should be healthy. That’s what FirstCare Plus is all about—a unique set of integrated programs and services that keep you connected to your health.
FirstCare Plus gives you personal health support through online tools and resources. Take a customized health assessment. Check out any worrisome symptoms. Discover programs to help you take charge of your health and wellness. Expecting a child? Access our new Expecting the Best Maternity Program for information and educational tools. If you're a member, access FirstCare Plus (including our new Expecting the Best™ Maternity Program) here.
Log in to the FirstCare member portal
to access FirstCare Plus tools and information.
We're available to guide you through your decision. Call us at 1-800-884-4901 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. You can also visit with us at one of our offices during TRS-ActiveCare open enrollment. We look forward to speaking with you.
FirstCare is a State of Texas for-profit company, organized for the purpose of operating an Independent Practice Association (IPA)-model health maintenance organization. FirstCare provides prepaid medical, hospital, and related comprehensive health care services to HMO subscribers and their enrolled dependents within our approved service area. FirstCare also owns Southwest Life & Health Insurance company which offers the FirstCare PPO and life insurance products.
FirstCare does not employ incentives to encourage barriers to care and services, specifically reward practitioners or other individuals conducting utilization review for issuing denials of coverage or service care, or provide incentives for utilization review decision makers that result in underutilization.