A healthier you. That’s what we do.
You’re important to our children and our communities, that’s why we want you to stay healthy. Our HMO plan for the Teacher Retirement System (TRS) is completely local – our offices, our customer service, our providers. We treat you like the neighbors you are. Our health plan offers you access to the best providers in your area, as well as access to our extended network.
It’s probably why over 20,000 of your fellow teachers, administrators, school employees, and dependents look to FirstCare for world-class health care coverage with personalized local service.
- Extensive network of local options - over 1,300 primary care physicians and 2,700 specialists in 103 counties throughout Texas
- Community hospitals
- Affordable premiums. Low deductibles. Low copays. Premier benefits
- Preventive care covered at 100%
- Reduced copays and deductibles
- No prescription drug deductible for generic drugs
- No referrals needed for network specialists
- Worldwide emergency care
- Local medical decisions made by local doctors
- FirstCare offices near you
- Customer service representatives that live in Texas and know your benefits
- Secure online access to claims and information at firstcare.com
See all of your TRS-ActiveCare HMO benefits and learn about any benefit changes. Find out how the program works.
View the information for last year’s plan benefits and details. These plans are active for current TRS-ActiveCare HMO members through August 31, 2014.
For more details about the TRS-ActiveCare HMO program, visit the official website
FirstCare Plus - New Health and Wellness Benefits for 2014-2015!
At FirstCare Health Plans, we believe that Texans and our communities should be healthy. That’s why we developed FirstCare Plus, a unique set of integrated programs and services that keep you connected to your health.
- Our wellness program offers an array of tools, including: online health assessment, alerts, information, and wellness trackers.
- The 24-hour nurse line and online nurse chat provides help day or night.
- Our disease management program provides support to those with chronic conditions.
- Get specialized help from health coaches to achieve better outcomes.
Log in to the FirstCare member portal
to access FirstCare Plus tools and information.
We're available to guide you through your decision. Call us at 1-800-884-4901 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. You can also visit with us at one of our offices during TRS-ActiveCare open enrollment. We look forward to speaking with you.
FirstCare is a State of Texas for-profit company, organized for the purpose of operating an Independent Practice Association (IPA)-model health maintenance organization. FirstCare provides prepaid medical, hospital, and related comprehensive health care services to HMO subscribers and their enrolled dependents within our approved service area. FirstCare also owns Southwest Life & Health Insurance company which offers the FirstCare PPO and life insurance products.
FirstCare does not employ incentives to encourage barriers to care and services, specifically reward practitioners or other individuals conducting utilization review for issuing denials of coverage or service care, or provide incentives for utilization review decision makers that result in underutilization.